Serves the physical needs of parishioners.
8 Directors and helpers are involved in this valuable committee, and 1 area is in the planning stage.
SPECIAL NOTE: If you have an interest in any of the following areas, please contact one of the individuals directly.
If you are already signed up to assist in one of the below areas, please contact a director and provide phone number and email address if you have one.
One big meal a day on an emergency basis, only if the spouse is not capable of driving to a restaurant or cannot do the cooking. Meals are provided for one week, then evaluated for further assistance based on need.
* Letting our house-bound know that we care...
* Keeping track of them
* Do they need anything?
* Are they alive and well?
* Primarily to and from church
* To and from hospitals in Guadalajara (only if parishioner is not able to, should not drive, or cannot find a ride from a friend or relative).
* Mostly for emergency situations -- not shopping, airport, movies, etc.
* Defibrillator and training on how to use it -- legal matter currently being investigated and hopefully there will soon be one at St. Andrews.
* Keeping the medical box supplied.
* Keeping the wheelchair and other support equipment on church property.
* Obtaining fire extinguishers (maintained by B, G & A Committee
* Any other safety and health-related issues brought to their attention.
* Forms are available in the office (confidential)
* Talks on what is available in this area, legal or otherwise, pertaining to Post Life Planning.
*Coordination with other local agencies with similar programs
* Scheduling handicapped parking.
* Obtaining signs for handicap parking spaces (B, G &A Committee to install)
* Get well cards
* Sympathy cards
1. CONTACT US REGARDING THOSE IN NEED INCLUDING YOURSELF.
2. NOTIFY US OF USEFUL RESOURCES IN THE AREA.
3. UTILIZE THE TOTALLY CONFIDENTIAL POST LIFE PLANNING FORMS.
4. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR ALL AREAS.
5. REMEMBER THIS IS FOR NON-SPIRITUAL NEEDS OF OUR CHURCH ONLY.