Outreach is a program designed to use the time and resources of the members of St. Andrew's to help disadvantaged members of the wider community. As people created in the image of God, we have a need to reach out beyond ourselves, just as God reached out to us. We are involved in outreach because our heavenly Father has a love for the poor and widowed and orphaned. We do it simply because it is of the heart of God for us to care for the needs of others. A church that is reaching out beyond itself is bearing the image of God and reflecting God's nature.
ROLE OF OUTREACH COMMITTEE
The role of the Outreach Committee is to support, encourage and extend the Church's work of outreach in the broader community outside. The Committee will perform this role through a number of means, including, but not limited to, fundraising.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
The Outreach Committee:
1) Will be responsible for the collection and distribution of monthly donations for the Mezcala children's breakfast and the Jocotopec children's programs, and the weekly donations for Operation Compassion and Operation Feed, as well as for any future outreach programs.
2) Will organize and co-ordinate fund raising events including, but not limited to, participate in the operation of a resale shop.
3) Will research the needs of potential beneficiaries within our lakeside community; in general, will seek to avoid making donations for ongoing operating expenses; will review financial information and acquire grant applications for review by the Committee; and will visit charities and attend their meetings where this is deemed appropriate.
4) Will distribute the monies from fundraising events for the purposes for which they were raised, and will monitor the results of these donations, where possible, to ensure that the funds are used for the purposes for which they were intended.
5) Will maintain an emergency fund to be accounted for as a line item in the Outreach Committee budget, which will be used when urgent funding needs arise from time to time, either within the lakeside community or elsewhere in Mexico.
6) Will be responsible for and will cooperate with other Church committees, churches or community organizations in the development of new programs for outreach to the lakeside community..
If you would like to be a part of this tremendous community support team, please contact Laura Foster at email@example.com.
Members of Outreach were able to provide an emergency grant to Hope House when they were severely damaged by a hail storm.
Jane Wileman, chair of Outreach thanked the congregation for their donations supporting Todo Bueno and the wonderful volunteers who keep the store running. Due to the success of Todo Bueno, Outreach has now given out over 500,000 pesos in grant awards. This time there were six charities receiving checks: Hope House, Casa Ancianos, Sylvia Flores, Days for Girls, UVA, and the Brigada.
The wonderful Brigadistas helped set up the church for the afternoon Show Stoppers Program.
Todo Bueno is a joint effort of St. Andrew’s and Have Hammer, located at Hidalgo 231 in Riberas Del Pilar. Todo Bueno accepts consignments and donations Monday through Saturday from 10:00am until 3:00 p.m.
Find out more about Todo Bueno.